Thursday, June 11, 2009

My pathetic attempt at being all arty fartsy

Well, as most of y'all know, my mom used to work in the photography business. She used an old camera that used (GASP!) FILM! No digital stuff for her.

I worked at her studio for a while and really loved it. I never became as good as her, but I was really proud of myself.

Now...if you know me, you'll know that I'm a pretty boring person. I don't have hobbies (just can't find anything that I'm really into), I'm very much a homebody, and I like things fairly lowkey. Which is also the reason why I've been so depressed being here. I have nothing to do for myself. SO...I decided to try and get back into photography again. Little did I know that in the nearly 15 years it's been since I worked at the studio, the world has gone and changed their opinion on photography. Gone are the days of posed, studio portraits. Enter the days of outdoor, avant garde pictures. Off the cuff, kids pouting, pics from behind...those are the norm. With LOTS of editing! But...I still love it. So, I went and got a digital SLR camera (it's not over the top, but maybe I'll build up to that point) and started playing around.

I still need to learn all the cool buttons and functions, all the lingo (aperture, f-stop, ISO, shutter speed, bokeh), but I'll get there. SO..in the meantime, I thought I'd share just a few pics that I've taken. Enjoy! And keep in mind..I don't have a cool editing program...YET. Oh yeah...Evan is still in school (and doesn't care for his picture to be taken) so Brooklyn has graciously volunteered to by my guinea pig.








No comments:

Post a Comment