Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Yes, it's been forever

I apologize for the lack of posts, but this summer has been super crazy! I'm not even sure where to start.

I'll give a brief overview:
From July 3- Aug. 7, Brooklyn and I went to Missouri to stay with my parents. It was a great time. Very relaxing and we got plenty of school shopping done at the outlet malls.

Fun at the waterpark


Picking berries


Mom and Dad


Dad and I at the Royals ballgame


So...during that time...
July 4-11..Jason and Evan went to Panorama, British Columbia. They took a friend of Evan's along. We used points from our timeshare and they stayed in a 2 bedroom hotel. Jason said it was amazing!

Aug 3-9..Evan went to the infamous camp that I last blogged about. Unfortunately, some moron sent their kid to camp KNOWING they were sick with a flu like virus, which turned out to be the Norwalk virus and nearly half the kids got sent home on the 7th (Evan included...lots of throwing up, which Brooklyn got 2 days later..skipped Jason and myself), and by the morning of the 8th, they closed the camp completely and sent everyone home to disinfect. Evan said he had a great time before he got sick so that's all that matters.

Aug 17-20... Evan had hockey camp here in town. They skated 5 hours a day (out of the 6 hours they were there), and he learned quite a bit and loved it. He was tired by the end, had leg cramps, but said he would do it all over again.

Now, school is back in full swing, which also means kids' activities. For now, Brooklyn does jazz and ballet and both kids have swim lessons. Once hockey starts (next month), we will officially be going crazy, but nothing like a lot of rushing around and busyness to make the winters go faster!

Evan is now in 4th grade (just turned 10!!!) and Brooklyn started the morning program in Kindg. And trust me...I actually considered putting her in an afternoon program at a different school, as well. Hehe

My 4th Grader!




My Kindergartener





No comments:

Post a Comment